Thursday, March 10, 2011

Book Review #25 - The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) by Michael Scott




He holds the secret that can end the  world.                                              

The truth: Nicholas Flamel was born in Paris on 28 September 1330. Nearly     seven hundred years later, he is           acknowledged as the greatest              Alchemyst of his day. It is said that he discovered the secret of eternal life.    

The records show that he died in 1418. But his tomb is empty.                         

The legend: Nicholas Flamel lives. But only because he has been making the elixir of life for centuries. The secret of eternal life is hidden within the powerful book he protects - the Book of Abraham the Mage. In the wrong hands, it will destroy the world.

That's exactly what Dr. John Dee plans to do when he steals it. Humankind won't know what's happening until it's too late. And if the prophecy is right, Sophie and Josh Newman are the only ones with the power to save the world as we know it.

Sometimes legends are true.

And Sophie and Josh are about to find themselves in the middle of the greatest legend of all time.


My Rating: 3/5

I found it really hard to get into this book. The plot was really slow and I found myself continuously putting it down.

I didn't connect to any of the characters. I had to keep reminding myself that Sophie and Josh were fifteen years old as I kept thinking they were younger.

I did enjoy the book though. I thought that the story was well thought out and the plot was engaging. The author had obviously put alot of research into creating it.

I do own the next two books in this series, and I do intend to read them, but I think I might take a break from this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment