Thursday, August 29, 2013

Book Review #350 - Of Triton (Syrena Legacy #2) by Anna Banks


18007444



Emma is half-mermaid: a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm below. But she's in love with Galen - a gorgeous Syrena from the House of Triton, god of the sea. If Emma's secret is discovered by the Syrena, she risks being put to death as a Half-Breed.


Emma's heritage comes from her mother - a princess from the House of Poseidon who escaped the sea to live as a human. Aware of the danger her daughter faces, she is determined to keep Emma away from the Syrena. But her reappearance after so many years turns the underwater kingdoms, Poseidon and Triton, against one another.

How can Emma and Galen stay together when their two rival kingdoms, and two different worlds, just want to tear them apart?

Picking up right where Of Poseidon left off, this utterly irresistible story is full of humour, intrigue, and waves of romance.
My Rating: 4/5
I received this book for review from Hardie Grant Egmont. It is the sequel to Of Poseidon.


I decided to re-read Of Poseidon before I read Of Triton. Although I did not enjoy Of Poseidon as much as I did the first time I read it, I found that I still liked it more than Of Triton.


Of Triton was too heavily focused on the politics of the Syrena for my liking.


Given that I read both books in this series back to back, I liked that one started straight where the other left off.


All the characters developed considerably especially Emma. Even though I didn't particularly like the Syrena politics, I felt like that it aided world building immensely.


I found this book to be well paced, and I actually read the book cover to cover in about a 3 hour period.


Given the ending to Of Poseidon, I was looking forward to how Emma's mother would become part of the story. I wasn't disappointed as that question is answered almost immediately.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment