Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Review #428 - Eleven (The Last Thirteen #3) by James Phelan

20721529






This is it. My nightmares have finally come true.

Sam's deepest fears become real as his enemies grow more numerous and ever-more powerful. 


Struggling to stay one step ahead, Sam must locate 11 more Dreamers and solve the next piece of the puzzle.


Can Sam and his allies unlock the secrets of an ancient journal to reveal their final destiny? Sam is far from home, with the fate of the entire world in his hands. 


He must find the last 13. The race is on.




My Rating: 3.5/5





I received this book for review from Scholastic Australia. It is the sequel to Thirteen and Twelve


I feel like this series would be better off if each book was told from a different character's perspective rather than jumping back and forth with each book. 


The reason for this is because apart from Sam I don't feel like they have very distinct personalities and when I first jumped back into this series I was confused at first as I couldn't remember any key details of the secondary characters. 


I would like to Solaris develop more. All we know about him is that he is evil. I would like to know more about his past and what made him evil. 


I really like the extremely short but action packed chapters as it really entices you to keep reading. No bookmark needed with this book. 


The plot developed more in this book than it did in the first two combined. There seemed to be more structure to the plot and an objective in the gears. 


I didn't like the way Eva and Gabriella's relationship is building. They are too petty towards each other and I can see that they will probably end up fighting over Sam at some stage. 


Like I said in my reviews of the first two books, I really like the travel and history aspects. This time they traveled to Germany. The history touched upon the World War II planes and Leonardo da Vinci's mirror writing style.  

1 comment:

  1. Great review, and I can definitely see the fighting for Sam's affections coming. I'm surprised there hasn't been any actual romance in these yet. I think if Sam can stay put for a while, we might see Ava make her move.

    ReplyDelete