Thursday, July 31, 2014

Book Review #471 - Cloaked by Alex Flinn

7075298



I’m not your average hero. I actually wasn’t your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.

It all started with the curse. And the frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.

There wasn’t a fairy godmother or any of that. And even though I fell in love along the way, what happened to me is unlike any fairy tale I’ve ever heard. Before I knew it, I was spying with a flock of enchanted swans, talking (yes, talking!) to a fox named Todd, and nearly trampled by giants in the Keys.

Don’t believe me? I didn’t believe it either. But you’ll see. Because I knew it all was true, the second I got CLOAKED.


My Rating: 3/5


Having read and loved both Beastly and A Kiss in Time I really hoped that Cloaked would be equally as good.


I had a really hard time getting into this book. Whilst I really enjoyed the magical aspect in the other books, in this one it felt too over the top.


In the other books it was more about how magic exists in a modern world whereas in this book even though it was set in Florida, felt like it predominately revolved around a fantasy world.


I really liked how loyal and independent Johnny was and how family orientated he was however I didn't like him as much as I was probably supposed to.


It took me around 4 days to read this which is a extremely long time for me. I feel like this is largely due to the simplicity of the plot. I kept waiting for something more progressive to happen, but it just never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment