Thursday, June 28, 2018

Book Review #746 - Pet Sematary by Stephen King

239060





Sometimes dead is better....When the Creeds move into a beautiful old house in rural Maine, it all seems too good to be true: physician father, beautiful wife, charming little daughter, adorable infant son -- and now an idyllic home. As a family, they've got it all...right down to the friendly cat. But the nearby woods hide a blood-chilling truth -- more terrifying than death itself...and hideously more powerful.


My Rating: 3/5


This is my fourth Stephen King novel and even though I planned to read his works in publication order I caved as I felt like reading this one.

I watched the film adaptation of this book years ago and was rather disappointed by how much of the movie I remembered whilst reading this book.

The characters in this book had way more character development than the previous King books I have read especially with the Creed family as a whole.

Lou Creed constantly made questionable decisions throughout but I felt like I couldn't judge him for this as I wasn't completely sure that I would not have done the same thing had I been in those situations.

This book examines death in a very deep and unique way. The need to accept what is dead when there are options otherwise is a fascinating one no matter what the risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment