Thursday, August 23, 2018

Book Review #762 - Almost Midnight by Rainbow Rowell

35269543






Midnights is the story of Noel and Mags, who meet at the same New Year's Eve party every year and fall a little more in love each time . . .

Kindred Spirits is about Elena, who decides to queue to see the new Star Wars movie and meets Gabe, a fellow fan.

Midnights was previously published as part of the My True Love Gave to Me anthology, edited by Stephanie Perkins and Kindred Spirits was previously published as a World Book Day title.


My Rating: 4/5


I picked this book on a whim at my local library when I took my nephew there for our weekly visit and I ended up finishing it that night.

Each story was super short yet I felt invested in both the world, the plot and the characters. The illustrations added so much to both stories as well.

I particularly liked the second one and even though I am not a Star Wars fan, I related to it on the fandom level. 

Reading this book has reminded me just how much I love Rainbow Rowell's writing so I really need to read her other works because I have only read a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment