Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January 2019 Wrap-Up

With the help of participating in the Biannual Bibliothon I managed to read a total of 15 books this month. 

My yearly goal is to read 100 books and this time last year I had only read 2 books. In total in 2018 I read 125 books so I am way ahead of my annual target. 

The books I read are: 



1. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - this was a re-read and part of my goal to read/re-read all of Clare's books in 2019;

2. I'll be There For You by Kelsey Miller - This was my non-fiction read for January;

3. Twilight Graphic Novel Volume 2 - I read this for the Biannual Bibliothon challenge of combining a fav genre (fantasy) with a least fav format (graphic novels);

4. Lucky in Love by Kasie WestI read this for the Biannual Bibliothon challenge of reading a book by an author that is new to me;

5. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins ReidI read this for the Biannual Bibliothon challenge of reading one of the hosts' 5 star reads;

6.  The Light Between Oceans by M.L. StedmanI read this for the Biannual Bibliothon challenge of reading an adult book; 

7. Beauty Queens by Libba BrayI read this for the Biannual Bibliothon challenge of reading a book with an ugly cover;

8. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling I read this for the Biannual Bibliothon challenge of re-reading a book that got me into reading;

9. Sadie by Courtney Summers - This was a book I was gifted at my book club's Christmas party and I took no time getting into it; 

10. John Lennon: A Restless Life by Ray Connolly - My hold of this book finally came in at the library so I was able to read it finally; 

11. Vicious by V.E. Schwab - This was my book club's book of the month; 

12. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - I started re-reading this book in December but finally managed to finish it this month;

13. Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar - I read this as part of my goal to read one book from this series per month because they take up a whole shelf on my TBR;

14.  The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barberry - This was my January read for the 1001 Books challenge;

15. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - This is one of the oldest books on my TBR


--MY READING IN JANUARY IN STATS--


Books Read: 15
TBR: 10
Library: 1
Re-reads: 4
Pages Read: 5,640

Books bought: 33



And my favourite read of the month was.........





No comments:

Post a Comment