Monday, May 13, 2013

Book Review #315 - Thorn on the Rose (Woody Creek #2) by Joy Dettman

Thorn on the Rose

I received this book for review from Pan Macmillan Australia. It is the sequel to Pearl in a Cage.


This book was equally as good as Pearl in a Cage which is fairly uncommon for sequels. The plot progressed immensely and had numerous unexpected twists along the way.
Jenny never seems to be able to cut a break. I really liked her son Jimmy and the conflict with Vern. I can see that reaching a peak soon.
Given that I really liked the setting of Woody Creek from the first book I didn't really like that most of the book was set in Sydney.
I liked that Gertrude told Jenny  about her past which I thought was long overdue. I am not really sold yet on the fact that Archie Foote is going to be a part of Jenny's life now.
Like in Pearl in a Cage the mentioning of real historical events like Hitler's death and the bombing of Hiroshima gave a authentic feel to the story.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage!

    Keep up the terrific works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.

    Check out my homepage; ルブタン

    ReplyDelete