Friday, May 17, 2013

Book Review #316 - Seventeen & Gone by Nova Ren Suma

Seventeen & Gone

Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common – they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And… is she next?


As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel. Then a brush with death lands her in the hospital and a shocking truth emerges, changing everything
.
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
I received this book for review from Hardie Grant Egmont.
 
 
 
Given how much I loved the authors previous book Imaginary Girls I had really high expectations for this book. I really did enjoy this book, but I felt like the ending let it down.
 

 
Lauren was an interesting character. Although she seemed distanced from the other characters and her narration was at times very confusing.
 

 
Like with Imaginary Girls, the setting was the highlight of the book for me. I was described so well that I could picture it with great clarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment