Monday, August 18, 2014

Book Review #477 - The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) by Rick Riordan


12029129




Seventh grade has been surprisingly quiet for Percy Jackson. Not a single monster has set foot on his New York prep-school campus. But when an innocent game of dodgeball among Percy and his classmates turns into a death match against an ugly gang of cannibal giants, things get...well, ugly. And the unexpected arrival of his friend Annabeth brings more bad news: the magical borders that protect Camp Half-Blood have been poisoned by a mysterious enemy, and unless a cure is found, the only safe haven for demigods will be destroyed.

In the follow-up to the wildly popular The Lightning Thief, The Graphic Novel, Percy and his friends must journey into the Sea of Monsters to save their camp. But first, Percy will discover a stunning new secret about his family--one that makes him question whether being claimed as Poseidon's son is an honor or simply a cruel joke.


My Rating: 3/5


I'm not the biggest fan of graphic novels especially ones adapted from novels but seeing as I read the first one, I thought I would try its sequel.


Whilst I thought that the drawings were more expressive than the first book, the story was a lot weaker. If it wasn't for the fact that I have read the novel, I would have been left confused as there were numerous plot holes.


Reading this though has inspired me to finish the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books, so I hope to read the remaining four books soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also not the biggest fan of graphic novels. But considering it inspires you to consider to read Percy Jackson, go ahead! I have to say though, I thought the Sea of Monsters was the worst book in the whole series (not that it's bad). The Titan's Curse is a lot better. :)

    Cindy @ In This World of Books..

    ReplyDelete