Monday, June 1, 2015

Book Review #552 - A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R Martin

13097686



The Seven Kingdoms of Westeros are plagued by civil war, while the Night's Watch mounts a reconnaissance force to investigate the mysterious people known as wildlings. Meanwhile Daenerys Targaryen continues her quest to return to and conquer the Seven Kingdoms. All signs are foreshadowing a terrible disaster that is to come.


My Rating: 4.5/5


This is the second book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series and is the sequel to A Game of Thrones. 


I loved this book more than the first because they story, settings and the characters were already familiar to me. The only issues I had were trying to keep track of where the characters were as they travel frequently. 


Whilst I do like Tyrion as a narrator, I felt like there was perhaps too much of him especially in the middle portion of the book. 


The chapter from Tyrion's perspective of the battle was my favourite chapter in the series so far. It was gripping and so well written. 


Arya continues to develop and I still consider her my favourite character. I didn't like that the end portion of the book had very little of her narration. 


Dany was another character that developed significantly and her dragons were an interesting dynamic. 


I still found it hard to remember who the minor characters were but so far this hasn't impacted my enjoyment or understanding of the story as a whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment