Thursday, July 23, 2015

Book Review #563 - Thirst by Lizzie Wilcock


24866854


My Rating: 4/5


Source: Scholastic Australia


Buy: Booktopia


Goodreads






Karanda Hooke doesn't need anybody or anything. On her way to her sixth foster home, a crash leaves her stranded in the outback with only a backpack, a bottle of water and a faded picture of the mother she hasn't seen in years. This is her chance to escape her old life. There's only one thing in her way... eight year-old Solomon. 



I love survivalist type stories (both fictional and real life) and so I was interested to read this book. 


I loved that it was set in Australia (even if it was the only state I have yet to visit) as being Australian it made it much more easy to relate to. 


The book was a little unbelievable at times especially concerning the fact that a 14 and 8 year old were missing for who knows amount of time and no one seemed to be looking for them. Solomon's encyclopedia type knowledge of the Australian Outback was also a little unbelievable. 


The plot was rather basic. I felt like there needed to be more plot twists. 


I discovered the link between the two children a good 100 or so pages before it was revealed so in that sense it was rather predictable. 



Overall, I enjoyed this book much more than I thought I would. I would recommend this book to anyone other than vegetarians or vegans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment