Sunday, July 26, 2015

Movie Review #2 - Paper Towns (2015)



I am still new to reviewing movies so sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I will however try to post more movie review posts here on my blog. They will all likely be book adaptations at this stage though. 


Paper Towns was actually the first ever John Green book that I read. My original review of the book can be found here. 


I was a huge fan of the film adaptation of John Green's other novel The Fault in Our Stars and so was eagerly anticipating the release of this film since it was first announced, 


I was particularly interested to see how Nat Wolff who played a minor role in TFiOS elevate to the major role in this film.


As with all book to movie adaptations parts of are omitted and new scenes created to help the flow of the film. 


With this movie I am going to talk more about the new scenes rather than the omissions (such as Sea World). 


I loved the singing scene, as (without spoiling it) the song choice had everyone in the cinema laughing. 


The biggest reaction though was reserved for a surprise cameo. 


The only negative thing I can say about this film is that I think a bit of the characters wittiness was lost in the translation from book to screen. Other than that I thought it was a very honest and enjoyable adaptation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment