Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Book Review #698 - Three Men in a Boat (Three Men #1) by Jerome K. Jerome

4921




Martyrs to hypochondria and general seediness, J. and his friends George and Harris decide that a jaunt up the Thames would suit them to a ‘T’. But when they set off, they can hardly predict the troubles that lie ahead with tow-ropes, unreliable weather forecasts and tins of pineapple chunks—not to mention the devastation left in the wake of J.’s small fox-terrier Montmorency.


My Rating: 3.5/5


This was a hard book for me to review because I had so many mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I absolutely loved the humour! This book had me literally laughing out loud with tears in my eyes at times and it amazed me that a book that is almost coming up to being 130 years old could still have that effect.

On the other hand however, between the witty antidotes the narrative was quite boring with so much information about scenery and history of each little town they passed.

This book also contained a dog which I loved especially as he had a strong presence and personality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment