Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Book Review #702 - Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi

13120462




EXILED from her safe home in the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria finds herself in the outer wastelands known as the Death Shop. If the cannibals don’t get her, the violent energy storms will. There she meets a savage, an Outsider named Perry – wild, dangerous – who is her only chance of survival. 

But Perry needs Aria, too, and they are forced into an unlikely alliance that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.


My Rating: 6/10


This is a YA dystopian series that was popular when it was first released but not one I ever seemed to get around to reading.


First of all I thought that the world building was not as strong as I would have liked it to have been, just even on a basic scale. 


Aria grew up in the pods, an underground area that is protected from the outside elements where they have superior technology. This upbringing made her rather sheltered and privileged.


On the other hand, Perry grew up outside in the elements where everything is about survival. I loved his relationship with his nephew Talon. In fact Perry's whole family dynamic was an interesting element that I hope to see explored in future books.


I found the plot progressed rather slowly. Most of the book is Aria and Perry travelling and so there was very little action for long periods of time. 


Overall, I think I probably would have enjoyed this book more had I read it during its hype, but I still managed to enjoy it and I looking forward to continuing on with series sometime hopefully this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment