Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Book Review #719 - Illusions (Wings #3) by Aprilynne Pike

6918909


Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.
 
 
My Rating: 6/10
 
 
Due to the constant possibility of a troll attack, Tamani enters the human world and becomes a student at Laurel's human school. This quickly causes tension between Laurel and David which I was totally okay with as I have never felt a spark between them anyway and prefer them as friends.
 
 
I loved that this book had a number of twists along the way, more than the first two books combined although I felt like the romance took way more focus that it needed to.
 
 
Like with Spells, Laurel's indecisiveness between David and Tamani was frustrating. She still continued to lead both of them on.
 
 
I loved the whole mystery surrounding Yuki and this was my favourite part of the book as it was something that was different from anything previously dealt with in this series. Plus, it sped up Laurel's indecisiveness.
 
 
Overall, I felt like this book tied up a lot of minor threads whilst setting everything up for the final book which I can't wait to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment