Monday, July 7, 2014

Book Review #460 - Spurt by Chris Miles

22462695


Jack Sprigley isn’t just a late-bloomer. He’s a no-bloomer. It's nearly the end of Year 8, and with puberty still a total no-show, Jack's in serious danger of being left behind by his friends. But then he comes up with a plan to solve all his problems. It's simple: all he has to do is fake puberty....


My Rating: 3.5/5


I received this book for review from Hardie Grant Egmont.


I decided to read this book because it seemed entirely different to usually read, and it was.


The reality TV aspect of it reminded me a lot of Loathing Lola. Other than that, this book was entirely unique.


The characters were only 14 years old and so they were quite immature and juvenile which didn't annoy me anywhere near as much as something like that usually would.


I would recommend this book primarily to anyone in the 12-15 age bracket, but I think anyone could pick this book up and get a laugh out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment