Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Review #464 - Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan

22171851


When Apple's mother returns after eleven years away, Apple feels whole again. But just like the stormy Christmas Eve when she left, her mother's homecoming is bittersweet. It's only when Apple meets someone more lost than she is that she begins to see things as they really are.


A story about sad endings.
A story about happy beginnings.
A story to make you realise who is special.


My Rating: 5/5


I received this book for review from Bloomsbury Australia.


I loved this book. When I first picked it up I intended to read a few chapters before I went to bed, but before I knew it I had finished it at 2:30am.


Apple surprised me. When I first found out she was only 13 years old I thought she would have been more immature than what she was.


This book is primarily about the consequences of very bad decisions, but also how to recover from them.


Apple's family dynamic was very intriguing yet sad. It reminded me at times of Eleanor's family from Eleanor & Park.


Rain was my favourite character. I felt like she had the most depth of all the characters. Although she annoyed me at times, it was obvious all she craved was attention.


Apple's mother was a character that I deeply despised. She was a very selfish woman and should never have been a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment