Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Book Review #461 - Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

13602234



This is not the fairytale you remember.


But it’s one you won’t forget.


Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. The police have closed her case. The only person Scarlet can turn to is Wolf, a street fighter she does not trust, but they are drawn to each other.


Meanwhile, in New Beijing, Cinder will become the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive – when she breaks out of prison to stay one step ahead of vicious Queen Levana.


As Scarlet and Wolf expose one mystery, they encounter Cinder and a new one unravels. Together they must challenge the evil queen, who will stop at nothing to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner . . .


My Rating: 5/5


This book is the sequel to Cinder which I read earlier this year.


When I first began reading this book it didn't feel like a sequel at all and felt rather more like a companion novel. This was due to the change of narrator.


Because of this, I found it a little difficult to get into the story, even though it was enjoyable, I had to adjust my expectations.


However, once Scarlet and Cinder's stories began to merge I was unable to put the book down and found that ultimately I liked this book a lot more than I liked Cinder.


I found Scarlet a lot more relatable that Cinder as I found her to be more genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment