Friday, August 7, 2015

Book Review #574 - Clockwise to Titan (Clockwise to Titan #1) by Elon Dann


16038235


My Rating: 3.5/5



Source: Five Mile Press




Buy: The Book Depository




Goodreads






Mo, Harete and Moth are on the run. Chased by the tyrannical forces of the Institute, they follow a line of pylons towards the Other country and the hope of freedom.


Winter tightens its grip and escape seems impossible. As the children weave together stories from their past, present and imaginations, the truth becomes harder and harder to bear. Chased by rabid dogs, hounded by Marshals with guns, and hiding from military helicopters, only the long line of wires and the lure of another way of life pulls them towards their goal.


A story of hope, peril and the fight against tyranny, this brilliant debut is the perfect book for adventurous young readers.



I didn't particularly enjoy this book to begin with but by the end I couldn't put it down and I loved it. 


The book is told from alternating chapters of the three teens whilst they are first in the prison and then the three teens on the run after they have escaped from the prison. 


The two perspectives didn't really blend well together and I felt like it had no continuity to it. I would have preferred to whole story to have been in chronological order. 


I really enjoyed the escape element as it was very suspenseful as I kept waiting for them to get caught. 


When the two perspectives finally merged (roughly 150 or so pages from the end) the book became unputdownable and I thoroughly enjoyed it from then on. 


As I really dislike bookmarking in the middle of a chapter, I wasn't a fan of the length of the chapters. Most of them were around 20 pages long. 


Overall, this book got better and better as it developed and recovered well from its slow start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment