Thursday, August 20, 2015

Book Review #583 - The Adventures of Robin Hood by Roger Lancelyn Green


7295495


My Rating: 3/5


Source: Bought


Buy: Booktopia


Goodreads




The classic story of social justice and outrageous cunning. Robin Hood, champion of the poor and oppressed, stands against the cruel power of Prince John and the brutal Sheriff of Nottingham. Taking refuge in the vast Sherwood Forest with his band of men, he remains determined to outwit his enemies.


My knowledge of Robin Hood prior to reading this book was quite limited. I knew that he was an outlaw that lived in the forest, stole from the rich and gave to the poor and that was it. 


To be honest, there is not much more to know than that. The book is told in multiple small fable like stories that are actually quite repetitive. 


I really loved the history element to it especially given that it involved some Plantagenets as I am a descendant of them. 


It also made the story feel more real as it is set in a real location amongst the backdrop of real antagonists during a real conflict. 


Overall, given how repetitive the small individual stories were I don't think perhaps I should have read the book cover to cover instead read a few short stories at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment