Monday, August 10, 2015

Book Review #575 - Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh


17571564


My Rating: 5/5



Source: Bought from a charity shop



Buy: The Book Depository



Goodreads







This is a book I wrote. Because I wrote it, I had to figure out what to put on the back cover to explain what it is. I tried to write a long, third-person summary that would imply how great the book is and also sound vaguely authoritative--like maybe someone who isn’t me wrote it--but I soon discovered that I’m not sneaky enough to pull it off convincingly. So I decided to just make a list of things that are in the book:

Pictures
Words
Stories about things that happened to me
Stories about things that happened to other people because of me
Eight billion dollars*
Stories about dogs
The secret to eternal happiness*


*These are lies. Perhaps I have underestimated my sneakiness!



I bought and finished this book on the same day - that virtually summarizes just how much I enjoyed this book. 


I found this book hilarious and incredibly fast paced. It was just simply very fun to read. 


My favourite chapters or stories were the one about the cake and any of the ones involving the dogs. Also the goose - pretty much every chapter is memorable and funny.


I had not read or heard of the blog upon which this book (and plenty of other stories) originated from but I am definitely going to be checking it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment