Saturday, November 12, 2011

On My Wishlist #3

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.


This week I have chosen Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien. 

Goodreads Info: In the future, in a world baked dry by the harsh sun, there are those who live inside the wall and those, like sixteen-year-old midwife, Gaia Stone, who live outside. Gaia has always believed it is her duty, with her mother, to hand over a small quota of babies to the Enclave. But when Gaia’s mother and father are arrested by the very people they so dutifully serve, Gaia is forced to question everything she has been taught to believe. Gaia’s choice is now simple: enter the world of the Enclave to rescue her parents, or die trying.

4 comments:

  1. Birthmarked is on my to-read list too. I love this cover, it's simple, there are no people in it, but it still makes the book visually appealing :) Hope you get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover! Dystopian's are so popular now, and this sounds like another good one!

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo This sounds interesting. The cover is quite intriguing too. I must check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting sounding book. It was a good week for finishing wishlist books. But playing with the new recommendation feature on GoodReads has added even more books to the list! Please come see what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete