Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Book Review #345 - Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures #4) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate always dreamed of leaving the stifling Southern town of Gatlin.

But he never dreamt that finding love with Lena Duchannes would drive him away. Lena is a Caster girl whose supernatural powers unveiled a secretive and cursed side of Gatlin, so powerful it forced him to make a terrible sacrifice.

Now Ethan must find a way to return to Lena - and Gatlin - as she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it means trusting old enemies or risking their loved ones' lives.

Can Ethan and Lena rewrite their fate and their spellbinding love story in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series?
 
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
Given the way the last book ended, I was very intrigued to read this book. It was always obvious that Ethan wouldn't actually die so it that case, the book was quite predictable.
 
 
I liked how the book split the point of view between Ethan and Lena because both are characters I can't seem to tolerate for long periods of time.
 
 
I really liked the inclusion of Xavier. He was my favourite of all the new characters. I also liked the inclusion of Lila, Ethan's mother as she has always been involved heavily throughout the books without actually being present until now.
 
 
Ethan's journey through the underworld was really interesting and I liked how it incorporated a bit of Greek mythology.
 
 
I didn't really think the death at the end was really all that necessary and the series would have ended on a better note without it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment