Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Review #443 - Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

15745753



Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.


Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.


Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.


My Rating: 4.5/5


Having read and loved Fangirl in March, I had very high expectations for this book. If it's possible, I think I actually liked this book more. 


What was great about this book was how believable and realistic it was in dealing with real issues. The romantic aspect was well dealt with as well. 


Between Park and Eleanor's five parents they cover virtually every parental type which is good because every reader will probably relate to at least one of them. 


Even though this book is set in 1986, it has a story strong enough to convey its relevance in any time period. Apart from the music and technology, it could have been set in any time period anyway. 


Being 2/2 with Rainbow Rowell's books has made me even more excited to read Attachments.   

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a chance to read this one yet, but everyone loves it so I'm not surprised to see your review! :) I loved Fangirl and Attachments (I'm looking forward to your review of Attachments!) so I need to finally read this Rainbow book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete