Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Book Review #518 - January Window by Philip Kerr

22838595





Scott Manson is team coach for London City football club. He's also their all-round fixer - he gets the lads in to training, and out of trouble, keeps the wags at bay and the press in his pocket. The players love him, the bosses trust him.

But now London City manager Joao Zarco is dead, killed at his team's beloved stadium at Silvertown Docks. Even Scott Manson can't smooth over murder... but can he catch the killer before he strikes again?


My Rating: 4.5/5


I received this book for review from HarperCollins Australia


What initially drew me to this book was the cover but once I discovered it was a murder mystery surrounding the inner world of premier league football I was completely sold as I am a massive sports fan. 


The sporting aspect was obviously my favourite element of the story as I loved how it combined real players, clubs, managers etc with the obvious fictional ones. 


I think if this had not been sports related I would not have liked it as much as I did as the whole mystery solving aspect was a little slow and definitely took a back seat to the football stuff. 


Whenever I visit a different city I always visit all the sporting stadiums so I really loved that this book was largely set in a stadium. 


I really enjoyed the behind the scenes parts of London City especially the relationships between the players, managers, coaches and owners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment