Thursday, December 4, 2014

Book Review #520 - Legacy of the Claw (Animas #1) by C.R. Grey

22432860




When Bailey enters the prestigious Fairmount Academy as a freshman, he is the only member of his class who doesn't yet have an Animas. And in a world where the bond between human and animal is the guiding principle to life, this makes him an outsider both at school and in the world at large.

But Bailey is more important than he knows. He is the key to an ancient prophecy that will restore the rightful heir to the throne of a kingdom ripping at the seams. Through his budding friendships with Hal, Tori, and Phi, along with the unlikely help of renegade teacher and former conspiracy theorist Tremelo, Bailey must learn to find his Animas, piece together the riddle of the prophecy and start on the path that will lead them all to their destinies.


My Rating: 3/5


I received this book for review from The Five Mile Press. 


I will pretty much read any kind of book involved with animals and so a book about animals bonding with them really intrigued me.


From very, very early in this book I began to pick up slight similarities with Harry Potter. By about 50 pages in I had already lost count of the amount of similarities there were. 


I really liked this book most when Bailey was narrating. I didn't care for the odd chapter from other characters as I felt like the book was trying to do too much. 


I loved the whole idea of humans and animals bonding however this didn't develop anywhere near enough for my liking. 


The way the book ends, it opens the door for there to be more development of the Fairmount Academy in the second book which I am interested to see. 


Overall, this book had an intriguing concept that got lost amongst the political subplot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment