Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review #538 - Opposing Sides by C.M Doporto

22390898




College senior, Lexi Thompson, finds herself in a relationship to be wed to the university’s star baseball pitcher, Collin Norris. Collin’s damn hot but it’s his lack of spark that has Lexi thinking twice before she says ‘I Do’. When she’s forced to tutor bad boy football quarterback, Raven Davenport, she soon discovers all the things she’s missing in her relationship with Collin. Will she succumb to the temptations enticing her or will Collin be able to convince his sweet, innocent fiancée that his love for her is genuine despite his lack of affection? 




My Rating: 3.5/5



I started reading this book on my iPad before I went to bed as I felt like reading but was too lazy to get up and turn on the light. 


I had expected to read a few chapters and then sleep, however found that after a few hours I had completed the book. 


The only other New Adult books I have read are Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster both by Jamie McGuire and it's definitely a genre I am keen to read more of. 


The protagonist, Lexi was rather whiny and angsty throughout the book but had a realness quality to her. 


Based on the cover, I had thought that sport was going to play a larger role in the story than what it did and it was a large reason why I even decided to read it, and for that reason I feel like this book had the potential to be a lot better than what it was. 


Raven was an interesting character and I am looking forward to learning more about him in the sequel that I am more than likely going to read at some point. 


Collin was such a boring character and I didn't feel sorry for him at all. I know that his parents made him that way but he just annoyed me endlessly. 


Parents are a huge theme in this book with all involved being controlling and manipulative, mostly to the extreme. Lexi's mother was the mother from hell and I was beyond happy when she finally stood up to her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment