Friday, March 6, 2015

Book Review #542 - A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin

10888677




Kings and queens, Knights and renegades, liars, lords and honest men. All will play the Game of Thrones.


Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun. It will stretch from the south, where heat breeds plot, lusts and intrigues; to the vast and savage eastern lands; all the way to the frozen north, where an 800-foot wall of ice protects the kingdom from the dark forces that lie beyond.



The Game of Thrones. You win, or you die.


My Rating: 4/5


This is a book that I have had sitting on my bookshelf unread for a while and I was too intimidated to read it. I had also never watched the TV show at all before reading it. 


This book took me exactly one month to read which is an excessive amount of time for me with it being nearly 800 pages in length. 


I absolutely loved the setting of the story instantly although the multitude of characters made it hard for me at first to distinguish one from the other. 


Once the characters and plot settled and I finally was able to grasp it all I couldn't put the book down and flew through the last portion of the book. 


My favourite characters at this stage are Jon Snow, Robb, Bran and Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister. 


I am now looking forward to finally watching the TV show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment