Thursday, May 19, 2016

Book Review #636 - Salem's Lot by Stephen King


11590


My Rating: 3.5/5


Source: Bought


Goodreads













Thousands of miles away from the small township of 'Salem's Lot, two terrified people, a man and a boy, still share the secrets of those clapboard houses and tree-lined streets. They must return to 'Salem's Lot for a final confrontation with the unspeakable evil that lives on in the town.

This is my second Stephen King novel. The first one I read was Carrie. 

The synopsis of my copy of this book was EXTREMELY vague and so I went into this book not knowing anything about it at all. 

This book is a lot longer that Carrie and I felt like the pacing was a little on the slow side. 

The story is set in the small town of Jerusalem's Lot, Maine. The story follows just about every occupant in the town. 

This is something that Stephen King does extremely well. It doesn't matter how old the character is, King is able to give them such a realistic voice and none of the characters blurred with one another. The only other author I know of that can do that so easily is George RR Martin. 

I loved the small town feel of Jerusalem's Lot. There was a real sense of community. 

It was also really refreshing to read a vampire book where the vampires are really something straight out of a nightmare and not like the overdone modern take on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment