Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Book Review #677 - Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (Part Two - Chapters 7-20)





This is part two of my review. Part one can be found here


My Rating: N/A


I actually really enjoyed Scarlett during these chapters. Her naiveness really made me laugh at times. 

Rhett Butler is introduced and I loved how he didn't conform to the way of life then, he would have fitted in really well in the 21st century. 

I loved the historical element being set during the US Civil War. We are given such a real insight into not only the impact the Southerners had being on the losing side of such a conflict, but the war itself. 

Being an Australian and not knowing anything about this conflict, I feel like I've already learnt so much already and I'm not even a quarter wau through the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment