Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Book Review #2 - City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



It's after dark in New York City, and Clary Fray is seeing things. The best-looking guy in the nightclub just stabbed a boy to death - but the victim has vanished into thin air. Her mother has disappeared, and a hideous monster is lurking in her apartment. With her life spiralling into darkness, Clary realizes that she has stumbled into an invisible war between ancient demonic forces and the secretive Shadowhunters - a war which she has a fateful role to play...

My Rating: 3.5/5


Before reading this book I read numerous reviews about it. From those I found that people either love or hate this book. To begin with I just coasted through, not really loving it nor really hating it either. Yet the ending totally sealed the deal for me. The ending was completely unexpected, and although I never really connected with any of the characters, the well written plot made me keep turning page after page. I would recommend anyone who stopped reading the book half way through to wait till you get to the ending before you judge it, cause you might end up liking it like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment