Friday, January 28, 2011

Book Review #8 - Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars #1) by Sara Shepard



Everyone has something to hide - especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hanna.

Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend, Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily has a crush on the new girl at school. And Hanna is using some ugly tricks to stay beautiful.

But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished.

How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were and the naughty girls they are now. And guess what? I'm telling.

My Rating: 5/5


Reading the blurb I honestly didn't think I was going to like this book. But I wanted to watch the TV show, and I always read the book first.  How wrong was I? I was absolutely enthralled in the book from the very first paragraph.

The point of view changing every chapter was a bit confusing at first but when the characters become more established it makes the plot move faster that it would if it was told from one character's perspective.

The cliff hanger at the end was cruel considering I don't own the next book in the series Flawless but I will definitely be buying it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment