Thursday, January 27, 2011

Book Review #6 - Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis



Amy has left the life she loves for a world 300 years away.


Trapped in space and frozen in time, Amy is bound for a new planet. But fifty years before she's due to arrive, she is violently woken, the victim of an attempted murder. Now Amy's lost on board and nothing makes sense - she's never felt so alone.

Yet someone is waiting for her. He wants to protect her - and more if she'll let him.


My Rating: 5/5


I was hooked on this book from the opening paragraph all the way until the last page. It has also raised the benchmark on the quality of the books I hope to read in 2011.

I liked how you got two different perspectives on the story. There's Amy who is new to the whole spaceship life, and then there's Elder who has never known life any other way.  Together they make an enthralling read. Amy was relatable, she was a strong female protagonist and I preferred her point of view over Elders.

This book is a great platform for this trilogy and apart from the ending could probably carry itself as a stand alone book.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this book, and your review makes me want to read it even more! ^^

    ReplyDelete