Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Review #26 - Need (Need #1) by Carrie Jones



Pain shoots through my head. Fireworks. Explosions. All inside my brain. The white world goes dark and I know what's about to happen.

Zara White suspects a freaky guy is stalking her. She memorises phobias and chants them when she's nervous. OK, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But moving to a freezing Maine town to stay with her grandmother is supposed to be the perfect fix - so her mum says.

Except, this plan of sending Zara away to help her stay sane? Yeah, not working. Turns out the stalker is not a figment of Zara's imagination. He's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs are pointing to Zara.


My Rating: 4.5/5





I finished this book in a couple of hours. It is a very easy book to get into. It sucks you in from the very first page. 


I loved Zara, the protagonist. She was strong, unique and independent. She was the opposite of all other female characters in YA fiction. I liked her obsession with phobias, although it is a weird obsession to have it was interesting learning about different phobias.

Although the plot wasn't entirely unique, the writing made up for it. There were numerous plot twists that I predicted chapters before.

The next book in the series is called Captivate.

1 comment:

  1. Love the honest review. I like the chanting of phobias for Zara (weird name though LOL). That's a nice new direction for a chater. :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete