Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Review #23 - Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean (Vampirates #1) by Justin Somper



Uncharted Waters.........


The year is 2505. The oceans have risen. A new era of piracy is dawning. A vicious storm separates twins Connor and Grace Tempest, destroying their boat and leaving them fighting for their lives in the cruel, cold water.


Picked up by one of the notorious pirate ships, Connor soon finds himself wielding a cutlass. But does he have the stomach to be a pirate?

Grace finds herself aboard a more mysterious ship. Kept under lock and key, she's assured no harm will come to her, just as long as she follows the enigmatic captain's rules.....

Can the twins survive life on-board and find their way back to each other? The voyage of the VAMPIRATES is about to begin.......

My Rating: 4/5

I only bought this book because I got it really cheap from booktopia. From the cover, I wasn't really expecting much from it because it seems a little immature.

I was surprised when I started reading it, as I got sucked into the story straight away.

One thing that I liked about this book was that it was set off the east coast of Australia, as not very many books are set in Australia. In this sense, it was unique.

The only problem I had with this book is that I had to keep reminding myself that this book is set in 2505. It felt like the book was set in the past.

The characters were great. I loved both Connor and Grace and can't wait to see them develop over the course of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment