Saturday, February 26, 2011

Book Review #22 - Slayed by Amanda Marrone



The family that slays together, stays together.


Daphne Van Helsing hates being a vampire slayer. All she wants is a normal life - friends, school, her own room - but her parents have devoted their lives to the cause, and Daphne's along for the ride.

Their latest job is in Maine, where not only are they hunting a fierce strain of vamps, but they're forced to work with the Harkers, a rival slayer family. Just her luck: Tyler Harker is totally crush-worthy, and he's her sworn enemy.

But just when things start looking up, something truly evil comes to the town. Something more powerful - and more frightening - than anything Daphne's encountered before.

She thought she'd seen hell on earth. She ain't seen nothin' yet.


My Rating: 3/5


I decided to read this book because I wanted a quick, light read hence I wasn't really expecting alot from it.

I found Daphne very hard to connect to. She never seemed to stop whinging about wanting a normal stable life.

Tyler, considering he was a main character wasn't very developed and we never really find out that much about him.

The plot I thought was well thought out and well written, although a bit boring at times.

I would have liked to have seen more closure between Daphne and her mother.

I liked the idea about rival slayers and I thought the angels and demons aspect was fairly unique.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, this book sounds a little boring from your review, which was great by the way, but I do like the rivaling slayers aspect.

    Great job!

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete