Thursday, February 24, 2011

Book Review #20 - Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer

I wanted him to kiss me - I wished he could smell the desire that I knew was pouring off me. You can't, Calla. This boy isn't the one for you.

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: graduation, marriage and then a life leading her pack.

But when she defies her masters' laws to save a human boy, she must choose. Is one boy worth losing everything?

My Rating: 4.5/5

I found with this book that the first 300 pages could have probably been condensed.

I wasn't really into the plot, or the characters (besides Calla) until a plot twist about 300 pages in. After that I couldn't put the book down.

Calla was independent and determined. She definitely kept me turning the pages when the plot flatlined a bit.

I didn't really understand nor like Shay that much. I just failed to connect with him.

Altogether though this was a really good, well written book. It is definitely the best werewolf book I have read so far.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh, if only my copy would arrive in the mail already :(

    Nice review!

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete