Monday, February 21, 2011

Book Review #19 - Hex Hall (Hex Hall #1) by Rachel Hawkins

When sixteen-year old Sophie Mercer discovers she's a witch, she imagines life will be full of magic, fun and.....well.....broomsticks! But her first attempt at a love spell goes disastrously wrong and, as punishment, Sophie is shipped off to Hecate "Hex" Hall, a reform school for witches, shapeshifters, and faeries.

By the end of her first day among her fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tag-along ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person on campus and the only vampire.

Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students and her only friend is the number-one suspect.


My Rating: 4.5/5


I had been meaning to buy this book for a very long time. I probably put off buying it because I had such high expectations for it and was worried it wouldn't meet them. Well, I shouldn't have worried, because not only did it meet my expectations but it surpassed them.

This book is a very quick read thanks largely to the continual advancements with the plot. I read this book in under four hours.

The characters were well written, especially Sophie and Jenna.

I can't wait for the second book in this series called Demon Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment