Sunday, March 13, 2011

Book Review #27 - Careful What You Wish For by Maureen McCarthy

'There is no real risk as long as you're careful,' Rodney said to Ruth. 'You'll have three chances to create your perfect life. If for some reason you don't like where you've ended up, you can return. But if you choose to stay longer than one day, you'll stay in your new life for ever.'




Ruth Craze thinks her life can't get any worse. She fights with her brothers, her parents drive her mad and no one ever listens to her. So when Rodney the Rat suggests a way out, Ruth is ready to risk everything.


Three wishes.
Three chances to create her prefect life.
A million ways to get it wrong.



My Rating: 3/5



First of all I think this book is aimed for 9 to 14 year olds, but I still found it enjoyable.


The protagonist, Ruth was annoying at times mainly throughout the first 50 or so pages when she was complaining about her sucky family and life.


I thought the plot was great and the ending was predictable.


I would recommend it to older readers because whilst it is immature at times, it is altogether a great read.

1 comment:

  1. I like your writing babe! And read Enid Blyton books when I was 16!

    ReplyDelete