Monday, February 11, 2013

Book Review #274 - Winter by John Marsden

Winter

For twelve years Winter has been haunted. Her past, her memories, her feelings, will not leave her alone. And now, at sixteen, the time has come for her to act. She must head back to her old home, where a pair of family tragedies forever altered her life. What she discovers is powerful and shocking - but must be dealt with in order for life to go on.
My Rating: 5/5
I have read quite alot of John Marsden's novels but this one is by far my favourite.
The whole book has a dark undertone to it that builds throughout but I pictured it ending the way it did.
The whole setting was typical Australian bushland which is why I could picture it as clearly as I did.
It was only 135 pages long and it does take a while to get going but the ending was well worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this one... I will absolutely check this one out!

    ReplyDelete