Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review #283 - Chasers (Alone #1) by James Phelan

Chasers (Alone, #1)

FOUR TEENAGERS. ONE DESTROYED CITY. THOUSANDS OF INFECTED PREDATORS...


Jesse is on a UN Youth Ambassadors camp in New York when his subway carriage is rocked by an explosion. Jesse and his three friends, Anna, Dave and Mini, crawl out from the wreckage only to discover a city in chaos.

Streets are deserted. Buildings are in ruins. Worse, the only other survivors seem to be infected with a virus that turns them into horrifying predators ... Outnumbered. No sign of life. Just Them. And you... ALONE.
 
 
My Rating: 4/5
 
 
This was a very interesting book and completly different to any other zombie book I had previously read.
 
 
It was a bit slow paced and I spent the majority of the book waiting for something to happen.
 
 
The description of the setting was probably my favourite aspect as I could picture it perfectly which added to the horror of the story.
 
 
The cliff hanger at the end was something that I thought I would have been more shocked by but for some reason I wasn't.
 
 
I would have liked some definitive answers to some questions but am happy to just read the rest of the series to find out.



 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great book! I've never heard of it before but I like dystopian/post-apocalypic stories. I also like a great ending so I liked your comments about that too! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete