Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Book Review #277 - One For The Money (Stephanie Plum #1) by Janet Evanovich

One For The Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
Stephanie Plum is down on her luck. She's lost her job, her car's on the brink of repossession, and her apartment is fast becoming furniture-free.

Enter Cousin Vinnie, a low-life who runs a bail-bond company. If Stephanie can bring in vice cop turned outlaw Joe Morelli, she stands to pick up $10,000. But tracking down a cop wanted for murder isn't easy...

And when Benito Ramirez, a prize-fighter with more menace than mentality, wants to be her friend Stephanie soon knows what it's like to be pursued. Unfortunately the best person to protect her just happens to be on the run...
 
 
My Rating: 5/5
 
 
This is a series that I have been meaning to read for a very long time. Now that I have read the first book, I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
 
 
This book was published almost 20 years ago, but the only part that felt dated was the description of clothing.
 
 
The characters in this book are all full of personality. I really liked Stephanie's family, especially Grandma Mazur as she was hilarious.
 
 
The mystery aspect was my favourite part. I read this book in one sitting because I wanted to find out the ending.
 
 
I am looking forward to watching the film based on this book, which I will probably watch and review soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment