Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Book Review #527 - Emma Hearts LA (Heart Series #2) by Keris Stainton

13031804




Emma's not sure that LA's for her, but when she accompanies her sister Bex to an audition, a chance meeting with a teen TV star starts to change her new sunshine lifestyle for the better... But what about Oscar, so far her only friend in LA, who's turning out NOT to be the idiot she thought he was?



Soon Emma begins to find herself torn between two boys and reconsidering her entire future.


Maybe LA's not that bad after all.



My Rating: 3/5



This is the sequel/companion to Jessie Hearts New York which I read just over 2 years ago. 


My main reason for reading Jessie Hearts New York was simply because it was a tourist story about a city I have wanted to visit just about all my life. 


For that reason, I always had expected to not like this one as much as the first, but I was wrong. 


Whilst this book didn't do as good a job at showcasing the city in which it is set like the first one, I thought it made up for it with the more interesting characters. 


Oscar, the main male character reminded me of Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door and I would have liked more of him as I found him the most intriguing out of all of the characters. 


The plot, although basic was light and fun and would make an ideal summer/beach read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment