Monday, September 19, 2016

Book Review #640 - TTYL (Internet Girls #1) by Lauren Myracle

301023




My Rating: 2.5/5



This book is told entirely through instant messaging and so when I first started reading it I wondered if I would be able to get through 220 pages of it. 

However, after a few pages, I warmed to the style and never looked back. This book rather surprised me as it is not the type of book I would typically read. It had a Pretty Little Liars vibe to it, just with 80% less drama. 

The three girls in this book are all completely different and interesting in their own way. 

Their immaturity didn't bother me as much as I thought it would and the issues raised in this book were nothing that hasn't been seen before. 

Because the book is told entirely through instant messaging the characters aren't portrayed in any great detail. In this case, I thought the personality quizzes the girls would sent to one another were a neat way of adding some depth to them. 

Overall, I found this book immature yet compelling and the unique IM style won me over eventually. I am still undecided whether I will read the sequel or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment