Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Book Review #642 - Cooper Bartholomew is Dead by Rebecca James

22341147





Cooper Bartholomew's body is found at the foot of a cliff. 

Suicide.

That's the official finding, that's what everyone believes. 
Cooper's girlfriend, Libby, has her doubts. They'd been 
happy, in love. Why would he take his own life?

As Libby searches for answers, and probes more deeply
into what really happened the day Cooper died, she and
her friends unravel a web of deception and betrayal. 
Are those friends – and enemies – what they seem? 
Who is hiding a dangerous secret? And will the truth set them all free? 


My Rating: 3/5



When I first started reading this book I thought it was going to be a YA/NA version of The Girl on the Train but whereas TGOTT left me guessing until the very end, I worked things out pretty early in this book. 


The book switches back and forth between before and after Cooper's death - this method worked extremely well in this book as Cooper became a real character and not just someone all the other characters are mourning. 


The book had a very Australian feel to it which made it much more relateable to me - and it wasn't just the setting, it was more the language and personalities of the characters. 


Overall, I felt like this book started off really well and got my interest but it fell away in the middle and never fully recovered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment