Friday, September 23, 2016

Book Review #644 - How to Train Your Dragon (How to Train Your Dragon #1) by Cressida Cowell

352262




Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III is a truly extraordinary Viking hero known throughout Vikingdom as "the Dragon Whisperer"...but it wasn't always so. Travel back to the days when the mighty warrior was just a boy, the quiet and thoughtful son of the Chief of the Hairy Hooligans. Can Hiccup capture a dragon and train it without being torn limb from limb? Join the adventure as the small boy finds a better way to train his dragon and become a hero!


My Rating: 5/5



I absolutely love the film/TV adaptations of this book and its sequels and so I was surprised to find that the book was of the same quality. 

There are so many differences between the book and the film that I won't go into them except to mention the one that I loved the most and that was the fact that Toothless and the other dragons are able to talk in the book. 

I loved the adventure you can only find in children's books and am definitely adding this series to the list of books I will give to my nephews when they are old enough to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment