Thursday, October 11, 2018

Book Review #775 - The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

35967101



How do you stop a murder that’s already happened?


At a gala party thrown by her parents, Evelyn Hardcastle will be killed--again. She's been murdered hundreds of times, and each day, Aiden Bishop is too late to save her. Doomed to repeat the same day over and over, Aiden's only escape is to solve Evelyn Hardcastle's murder and conquer the shadows of an enemy he struggles to even comprehend--but nothing and no one are quite what they seem.

Deeply atmospheric and ingeniously plotted, The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle is a highly original debut that will appeal to fans of Kate Atkinson and Agatha Christie.



My Rating: 4/5



I am not the biggest crime fiction reader especially when it comes to adult crime fiction.

I saw this book in an airport bookstore and the title and synopsis intrigued me so I borrowed it from my local library when I returned home.

Firstly, this book is wholly unique. I can guarantee I have not read any book anything like it before and being written by a debut author makes this even more amazing.

The writing style was rather basic but considering the complexity of the plot as the book progresses this was most definitely a positive thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment