Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Book Review #776 - Hive (Hive #1) by A.J. Betts

39808299




All I can tell you is what I remember, in the words that I have.


Hayley tends to her bees and follows the rules in the only world she has ever known.

Until she witnesses the impossible: a drip from the ceiling.

A drip? It doesn't make sense.

Yet she hears it, catches it. Tastes it.

Curiosity is a hook.

What starts as a drip leads to a lie, a death, a boy, a beast, and too many awful questions.



My Rating: 2/5


I had to read this book for a book club and as an added bonus being a local author, A.J. Betts came and spoke to us about the book as well.

Firstly, the book pitched to me was not the book that I had expected to read. I was told it was a story about a girl living in an underwater city and not knowing that until she one day finds a leak.

Instead, the book was an underdeveloped utopian story that was more confusing than anything else.

I really would have liked more world building as I think what was delivered was interesting just massively underdeveloped.

No comments:

Post a Comment