Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Book Review #106 - Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares


“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them... turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”

Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a shelf in her favourite bookshop, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept them. But is Dash that right guy? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?







My Rating: 5/5


This is the first book I have read by both of these authors. I liked both of their writing and thought they collabrated together perfectly. I will definitely be reading their other collaborations and their other books.

What drew me in first with this book was the premise. It sounded like it would make a very intriguing story, which it was.

The two main characters were both likeable with big personalities, although Lily did annoy me at times.

The setting was one of my favourite parts of the book. You could feel the magical feeling of Christmas in New York, which is the main reason why I think this book would make a really good movie

1 comment:

  1. I have Tagged you in a post, please check it out -

    http://basicallybooks1994.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete